Friday, September 18, 2020
Saturday, September 19, 2020
Tweet, tweet! Join us at the MHT Courtyard for a LIVE, Outdoor, socially distanced performance of a brand-new, original Opera in Overalls’ production: “Bird Songs!” Grab a picnic blanket and get ready for a wildly-entertaining, interactive performance intended for kids aged 1-100, particularly for ages Pre-K and Kindergarten.
In “Bird Songs,”, Opera in Overalls founders Maria Miller and Emily Yocum Black sit down with you for what we THINK is a normal picnic, only to discover a mischievous plot about our friends in the sky: all of a sudden, we stumble right into a bird singing contest! Come to find out who wins! The performance will be filled with laughs, interactive activities, and silly faces, presented just for you by real life opera singers! Just like birds do, Em & M will twitter this tall tale through song, with exciting songs written for children from the United States, Germany, and Russia, by composers Ricky Ian Gordon, Leonard Bernstein, Modest Mussorgsky, and Gustav Mahler! “Bird Songs” is a perfect morning outing for your tiniest hatchlings, and for older beaks who want to hear classical singing in a new context.
September 18 & 19 at 10 AM
Tickets: FREE! Reservations are required and must be made by Wednesday September 16th, by calling the MHT Box Office at 270.444.6828.
Donations accepted. Opera in Overalls is honored to donate half of all proceeds from our performance to the Market House Theatre. The remainder will go directly toward the ONCE UPON A TIME Kickstarter Campaign, the first initiative in Opera in Overalls’ The Play Fund. Read more on our website: https://www.operainoveralls.com/the-play-fund
- Bird Songs will be performed in Market House Theatre’s outdoor courtyard performance space, located off of Maiden Alley - behind the MHT Studio Theatre.
- Seating will be in socially distant pods. Each pod can comfortably hold two adults and two to three children in appropriately sized lawn chairs. Parties larger than 5 (with chairs) will need to reserve two pods.
- Masks must be worn upon entry and exit of the MHT Courtyard venue. Masks may be removed once seated in your pod.
- Enter the MHT Courtyard from Maiden Alley.
- Each pod will have a packet with free activities to go along with the performance!
- Seating will begin 45 minutes prior to event start time