Student Advisory Council
Opportunity for High School Juniors and Seniors
The Market House Theatre is seeking high school students to serve as advisory members on its Board of Directors. Student advisors will attend monthly board meetings and will work on special projects as directed by the board. Those selected must be available to attend board meetings the last Wednesday of each month from 5:30 until 7:00. Student advisors will serve a one-year term beginning in September of 2020.
Eligibility: To be eligible, a student must be a junior or senior in high school during the 2020-21 school year. Applicants may not have a parent who is employed by Market House Theatre. Previous involvement with Market House Theatre is not required, but preference will be given to students with a demonstrated interest in performing arts.
How to Apply: Interested students should submit the items listed below:
- A letter explaining why you would like to be a student advisory member of the Market House Theatre Board of Directors and what skills or perspectives you will bring to the board.
- A current resume that lists extracurricular activities, community service, and honors/awards. Please include both an email and a telephone number where you can be reached.
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher or community member.
All letters, resumes and recommendations must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 11.
Documents may be submitted in one of two ways:
1. Printed submissions will be accepted at the Market House Theatre box office from 10 AM - 5 PM., Monday to Friday.
2. Electronic submissions can be emailed to Denise Romanak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants will receive an email by September 18 letting them know if they were selected. Depending on the number of applicants, the selection committee may choose to interview a group of finalists before selecting the advisors.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Denise Romanak at email@example.com.